The Aloha Foundation provides full and partial tuition aid to families who require financial assistance to meet the cost of a 7-week or 3½-week enrollment for a child at Aloha, Aloha Hive or Lanakila. “Campership” support is extended to families who demonstrate financial need. In addition, a camper who receives aid should meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Enhance the social diversity of the camp community, and/or
- Increase the population of campers from local towns and Vermont/New Hampshire, and/or
- Extend the camp participation of an alumni family.
This year we will utilize the online service of ism’s Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process applications. FAST will be the standard submission format for all applications. FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept confidential with results reviewed by the Campership Committee, comprised of The Aloha Foundation’s Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer and Associate Director of Enrollment. For more information about the campership process, please contact Karen Danforth.
Campership Application Procedures
- Submit a camp application online and check the box requesting financial aid.
- We will email you a link to the FAST application. Click on the link to start your financial aid application. Returning campership recipients should submit their FAST applications by October 15. New campers will be considered for campership aid beginning November 1 for the following summer, but are encouraged to have the paperwork completed prior to November 1 if possible. Applications submitted after November 1 will be considered on a rolling basis, as space and funding allows.
- Click ‘Start Application’ to begin.
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. FAST has a 24/7/365 helpline available to you should you have any questions, which can be reached by calling 1-877-326-FAST (3278). Please do not call the school with questions.
- The Aloha Foundation has chosen to absorb the cost of the FAST software, waiving the parent fee of $43.00 per application for 2019.
- After completing the online application you will be required to scan or mail your most recent tax documents (Federal taxes including all schedules and W-2’s) to FAST for verification purposes:Independent School Management
Attn: FAST Processing Center
1316 N. Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806