Success Counseling Workshops
Register for 2018 workshops below!
INSTRUCTORS: Dr. Barnes Boffey, Director of Training for the Aloha Foundation; Dr. Jeremy Cutler, Assistant Director of Camp Lanakila
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP: The format will be a mix of presentation, demonstration, and practice. Facilitated small-group work will be a big part of the process.
Topics covered will include:
- How to work and communicate effectively with people (students, partners, bosses, employees, family members) in both times of calm and times of strife
- How to create powerful and self-sustaining communities, where all members feel connected, involved, and responsible
- The power and process of perception
- How to manage discipline situations with minimal conflict and maximum positive outcomes
- How to understand and have healthy expectations about what you can accomplish
- How to let go of what you can’t control, without giving up your core responsibility as a leader, boss, teacher, colleague, spouse, partner, or parent
- Distinguishing when to use a power-based approach and when to use a relationship-based approach to teaching and problem-solving
- Internal vs. External Control Psychology
- Learning to use language that minimizes conflict, and that promotes genuine engagement
- Clarifying and moving forward towards becoming the person you want to be in all areas of your life
MORE ABOUT SUCCESS COUNSELING: Success Counseling is an internal control psychology which redefines what motivates us and shows us how to have much greater control over our emotions and happiness than most of us feel we have. Internal control psychology leads to win-win relationships rather than relationships filled with conflict, and as we understand the powerful role that perception plays in our lives, we can change patterns that we no longer find useful or effective.
The skills and concepts of Success Counseling have profound implications for the way we live our lives, especially in the realm of relationships. Whether you are a teacher, parent, spouse, counselor, manager, leader, or colleague, this workshop will have a direct effect on both your happiness and effectiveness.
You do not need to have any special knowledge to take these courses. They are designed to work with both those who have no knowledge of the Success Counseling model and with those have had fairly extensive exposure. You will get a full picture of the theory and its applications and also will have time to develop skills that you can use immediately, both personally and professionally.
Success Counseling has its roots in the work of William Glasser (Reality Therapy, Choice Theory) and William Powers (Perceptual Control Theory, Applied Control Theory) but has taken these ideas several steps further to be even more impactful in the educational settings of today.