Register for 2018 workshops below!
We offer two basic kinds of training through our Success Counseling program:
Three-Day Trainings in the Upper Valley of NH/VT
These three-day workshops give participants the basic concepts and skills they will need to begin using Success Counseling in their families, relationships, and workplaces. These trainings are pertinent to anyone and can serve as a base for those interested in going further in a specific field or area of interest. We also have one Advanced Training scheduled for those who want to upgrade their skills in their personal or work settings.
January 24-26 – Intro. to Success Counseling, Hanover/Norwich area ($395)
March 21-23 – Intro. to Success Counseling, Hulbert Outdoor Center in Fairlee, VT ($425)
May 1-3 – Intro. to Success Counseling, Hulbert Outdoor Center in Fairlee, VT ($425)
May 15-17 – Advanced Success Counseling, Hulbert Outdoor Center in Fairlee, VT ($425)
August 14-16 – Intro. to Success Counseling, Hanover/Norwich area ($395)
September 26-28 – Intro. to Success Counseling, Hulbert Outdoor Center in Fairlee, VT ($425)
Consultation and On-Site Workshops
We also provide on-site services for institutions interested in having their staff, faculty or leadership teams learn to use these ideas. These trainings are individually designed to meet the needs of each organization, and can be short awareness sessions, longer trainings, or even duplications of our three-day workshops in the field.
We are also willing to set up weekend workshops for parents hosted by someone who is willing to recruit participants and handle local logistics.
About the workshop
The format will be a mix of presentation, demonstration, and practice. Facilitated small-group work will be a big part of the process.
Topics covered will include:
- How to work and communicate effectively with people (students, partners, bosses, employees, family members) in both times of calm and times of strife
- How to create powerful and self-sustaining communities, where all members feel connected, involved, and responsible
- The power and process of perception
- How to manage discipline situations with minimal conflict and maximum positive outcomes
- How to understand and have healthy expectations about what you can accomplish
- How to let go of what you can’t control, without giving up your core responsibility as a leader, boss, teacher, colleague, spouse, partner, or parent
- Distinguishing when to use a power-based approach and when to use a relationship-based approach to teaching and problem-solving
- Internal vs. External Control Psychology
- Learning to use language that minimizes conflict, and that promotes genuine engagement
- Clarifying and moving forward towards becoming the person you want to be in all areas of your life
More about Success Counseling
Success Counseling is an internal control psychology which redefines what motivates us and shows us how to have much greater control over our emotions and happiness than most of us feel we have. Internal control psychology leads to win-win relationships rather than relationships filled with conflict, and as we understand the powerful role that perception plays in our lives, we can change patterns that we no longer find useful or effective. The skills and concepts of Success Counseling have profound implications for the way we live our lives, especially in the realm of relationships. Whether you are a teacher, parent, spouse, counselor, manager, leader, or colleague, this workshop will have a direct effect on both your happiness and effectiveness. You do not need to have any special knowledge to take these courses. They are designed to work with both those who have no knowledge of the Success Counseling model and with those have had fairly extensive exposure. You will get a full picture of the theory and its applications and also will have time to develop skills that you can use immediately, both personally and professionally. Success Counseling has its roots in the work of William Glasser (Reality Therapy, Choice Theory) and William Powers (Perceptual Control Theory, Applied Control Theory) but has taken these ideas several steps further to be even more impactful in the educational settings of today.