Family camp is what we do – it is camp for the whole family. We welcome all families at Ohana. Family camp has a completely unique way of bringing family closer together. At Ohana this bonding summer camp experience is amplified by spectacular outdoor activities on land and on the lake. Ohana Family Camp offers recreational equipment and activities for all ages.
The Green and White Mountain National Forests, and quintessential New England towns such as Hanover, NH, and Woodstock, VT, are easy day trips away.
In the evenings, Ohana campers gather for music-making, storytelling, contra dancing and presentations by local experts on the natural and cultural history of the region.
Activities for the WHOLE Family
Staff-led activities are offered daily for children, adults and the whole family:
- HAND WORK: Woodworking, leather craft, basketry
- ARTS: pottery, mosaic tiles, nature prints, watercolors, jewelry design
- BOATING: canoeing, kayaking, sailing and paddleboarding
- WATERFRONT: swimming, water games, fishing
- SPORTS: soccer, tennis, disc golf, volleyball, capture the flag
- EXPLORING: nature walks, gnome homes, nest hunts
- CHALLENGE: high ropes, climbing tower, off-site hikes
- WELLNESS: yoga, tai chi, belly dancing
- WEE ONES: varied programs designed with our youngest campers in mind
- LOCAL ATTRACTIONS: horseback riding, golf, biking, hot air ballooning
During Family Camp, Ohana families share varied and delicious homemade breakfasts, lunches, and dinners in the camp’s classic dining hall with its grand stone fireplace and wide covered porch overlooking Lake Fairlee. Ohana’s meals are prepared with fresh produce from local farms and the camp’s own gardens. In fact, we source 80% of our food from New England. And half of that comes from within 100 miles of Ohana. The Ohana kitchen provides meat free menu selections and will do our best to accommodate your food allergy or restriction. There is something delicious that will appeal will to every member of your family.
The Ohana chef knows what kinds of food keep active families fueled and happy. We take special care to make sure our meals are nutritious and tasty. Please note that we are a nut free kitchen.
A stay at Ohana family camp is the ultimate family vacation. Whether you stay in cabins or in platform tent-cabins, you and your family can relive the joys of summer camp here in Vermont. Each comfortable Ohana cabin contains a living room with a fieldstone fireplace, one to four bedrooms, a bathroom with shower, a kitchenette, and a porch with a view.
For tent-loving campers, six spacious platform tents share a bathhouse and common room with a fireplace. Each tent has 4 beds, a porch, an oak chest for storage, shelves and a solar panel to shed a little night at night.